Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as; Vocational Nurse, Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound Technology), Radiologic Technology, MRI Technology, Psychiatric Technician, Phlebotomy Technician, Medical Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant, Medical Assistant and Physical Fitness Training Program.
We are currently looking for a MRI Program Coordinator for our San Mateo, CA campus.
The primary function of the MRI Program Coordinator is to ensure the day-to- day delivery of their program at their respective campus, meets all school policy guidelines and procedures. This is not limited to but includes the management and oversight of all instructors in their didactic and clinical roles. This also includes student academic management to ensure acceptable pass rates and licensure exam outcomes meet school policy standards. Clinical site acquisition assistance/participation and maintenance is also a key responsibility for this role. Student management also includes involvement to ensure satisfactory academic progress is being maintained (as well as the assignment of appropriate tutoring support) and that student marks, attendance, remediation documentation, and other reprimands are all kept up to date. Instructor evaluation, educational in-service plans, evaluations (student and managerial), goal setting, and reprimands are also kept up to date.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage the annual Program Effectiveness Plan [PEP] (ABHES requirement)
- Address student academic concerns and questions
- Address student overall program concerns, issues, questions
- Coordinate/Monitor didactic and clinical instructors and classes
- Coordinate and schedule clinical rotations (and field trips) as they pertain to the Clinical Objectives of each module
- Create, schedule and monitor clinical groups including clinical site visitations
- Conduct and lead monthly faculty meetings (at a minimum) discussing program issues while ensuring high faculty attendance/participation - these meetings may be nursing specific or education specific or a combination of both
- Arrange and provide in-service education for all direct reports for MRI and instructional education
- Schedule of clinical make up hours reflected on Clinical Makeup Calendar
- Schedule and arrange tutoring sessions reflected on Tutoring Schedule Calendar
- Make recommendation to hiring committee to hire / discharge instructors at their campus using classroom observation, clinical observation, and performance evaluation forms
- Passively, formally observe each instructor in the didactic or clinical setting at least once per module
- Monitor and update faculty file folders as necessary (student feedback, evaluations, goal setting, reprimands, improvement plans, continuing education plans, in-service training, etc.)
- Distribute and discuss student survey feedback with the appropriate instructor as needed
- Create Remedial plans, sign off on student remediation success and update the final course grade sections of ‘intranet’ as required
- Schedule, coordination, monitoring of Exit Exam review course
- Review of Instructor time sheets before submission to Campus Director and/or accounting
- Weekly monitoring of grades and attendance (verifying instructor activities and student trends)
- Execute curriculum and instructional changes as outlined by school policy and procedures.
- Participate in program advisory board meeting, improvement committees, and meetings as requested to give feedback and provide recommendations to the Program Director.
- Conduct annual evaluation and goal setting processes for the instructors and other direct reports
- Actively enforce Classroom/Campus policies as they relate to items such as dress code, use of common areas, cell phones, etc. as well as disciplinary action if warranted.
- Visiting clinical sites at least 1 time per week to evaluate – teaching quality and site management (site satisfaction of Gurnick students by facility management and floor staff – ie our student’s appearance, English language usage, following local facility policy as per any explicit orientations given, etc.)
- Site visit of specialty sites or external instructor led sites every 3-4 weeks (especially in the first month of a new student rotation)
- Oversee the student evaluation / feedback of the sites to ensure student is connecting relevance of site experience to their overall program objectives
- Coordinate student clinical schedules
- Provides instruction during clinical make-ups in skills lab
- Substitute clinical instructor when necessary
- Provides instruction on clinical field trips, alternate days (clinical skills lab)
- Ensure procedure compliance with ABHES, BVNPT, BPPE, USDOE, and all other applicable governing /accrediting bodies
- Ensure acceptable satisfaction levels surrounding curriculum delivery – student feedback and clinical site feedback
- Ensure teaching / instructional in-service training is attended by program Instructors (competencies are being developed and maintained)
- Ensure the required clinical placements are actively managed, planned, and needs communicated to the Outreach department for marketing support
- Ensure credit granting guidelines are met for the program at the campus level
- Ensure student evaluations (Instructor/Course, Clinical Facility, etc.) are distributed and collected at the conclusion of all courses, with creation and implementation of a plan of improvement
- To actively and/or passively mentor faculty member(s) to promote better classroom management, student success and classroom presentation methodologies within their program.
- Minimum 3 years as a MRI Tech
- Proof of licensure with either ARMRIT or ARRT
- Previous teaching experience a plus
- Previous managerial experience
To apply for this position, please follow the link below.